Video by ChaosprimeZ YT:
We hope you enjoyed being able to acquire a boatload of javelin Gear pieces from the Week 2 War Chests. In this week’s Community Cortex, I’m going to walk through some of the Cataclysm changes you can expect this week, as well as highlight the leaderboard champions from Week 2 on each platform. (Per usual, the Leaderboards will be updated in this post once we’ve been able to verify they’re all final.) Let’s jump in…
Cataclysm “Echoes of Reality” Changes:
“Castle Kelrik” Event - We added Diana’s Landing last week, and now you’ll have access to the 5th arena before going to challenge Vara. The Castle Kelrik event, located in the “New Dawn” District on the Cataclysm map, will have you trying to solve the puzzle of the 4 rooms, each containing a Shaper Relic. The catch? Two of the rooms have a field preventing access. Figuring out how to get in is up to you and your team.
Inversions Changes - You'll have a new set of Inversions to capitalize on for some extra buffs this week. Get ready to make use of some of those longer range weapons.
• Precision Operator: Snipers and Marksman Rifles deal increased damage.
• Immunity Pack: Ammo pickups grant brief immunity to damage.
Seasonal Store Refresh:
War Chest: Support - Remember how you had a Masterwork or Legendary in every javelin slotexcept your Support Gear? Know how thatWindwall or Bulwark Point would just get obliterated on GM3? Well, now you can finally get those higher end Support items! In additionto the Melee Weapon War Chests (which are staying available in the Seasonal Store), you’ll also be able to spend your earned Crystal currency on new War Chests containing a random javelin Support piece. As a reminder, these War Chests allow you to trade in Crystals for a Masterwork item (with a chance to roll Legendary). To be clear, these War Chests are also the only way to acquire the lvl 66 MW and lvl 80 LEG gear.
War Chest: Melee Weapon - (returning)
Fragmenter Armor Pack (Ranger Javelin)
Wrap: Crystal Sky
Painted: Quartz Gemstone
Graphic: Shattered Sea
Graphic: Greed’s Glisten
Decal: Amethyst Warp
Decal: Jade Warp
Decal: Ruby Warp
Arrival Emote: Entry Roar (Colossus Javelin)
Emote: Just… Stop.
Daily Cataclysm Challenge:
Daily Cataclysm Arenas Challenge: Support War Chest - These challenges granted a Gear piece in week two, and now they will reward you with a Support piece (Masterwork with a chance to be Legendary) here in the Week 3 update. These can be repeated daily, so… take your vitamins and do your Dailies. (Since these are technically War Chests as well, they also roll as 66 or 80.)
• Power of the Storm (Daily) - Complete 3 Cataclysm arenas using the Storm javelin and be rewarded with one Storm Support piece War Chest.
• Heart of the Ranger (Daily) - Complete 3 Cataclysm arenas using the Ranger javelin and be rewarded with one Ranger Support piece War Chest.
• Strength of the Colossus (Daily) - Complete 3 Cataclysm arenas using the Colossus javelin and be rewarded with one Colossus Support piece War Chest.
• Speed of the Interceptor (Daily) - Complete 3 Cataclysm arenas using the Interceptor javelin and be rewarded with one Interceptor Support piece War Chest.
NOTE: These are in addition to the other rotating Daily, Weekly and Monthly challenges, so keep an eye on your Path to Glory tab in the Challenges menu.
Here are some times you can expect the Cataclysm changes to roll out on Tuesday, August 20:
• NA: 8am EDT, 7am CDT, 5am PDT
• EU: 1pm BST, 2pm CEST
• 9pm JST
As always, if you have feedback, we love to hear it! Share your thoughts with us HERE.